The Yealink W60P Wireless DECT IP Phone can support multiple handsets.
Handsets can be configured to share a single UniTel Voice Employee Extension (Account). When sharing an account, only 1 person can use the phone at a time. This might be useful if distributing the cordless handsets throughout a small office.
Each Handset can be configured to use a separate UniTel Voice Employee Extension (Account). In this configuration, you will only need to purchase 1 "Base" (W60P), and then each additional handset (W56h) can be configured as a separate "Line" allowing each handset to make and receive calls independently of the other handsets.
Before a handset can be configured, it must first be Registered (PAIRED) with the base.
If your handset is not already Registered to the Base Station, follow the steps below.
If your handset is currently Registered to a Base, continue to the Configure Handsets section.
To register (PAIR) your handset to a base station follow the steps below:
Step 1: Put the Base Station into Registration Mode
- Long press the registration icon on the base station until the registration LED flashes. The base station is now in registration mode.
- If the base station does not identify a DECT phone within 90 seconds, the registration mode will switch off automatically
Step 2: Register a New Handset to a Base Station
- Make sure the base station is in registration mode, and the phone prompts "Unregistered!".
- Press the [Reg] soft key to register the handset.
- (The handset will search for a base station in registration mode)
- After the handset is registered successfully, the phone prompts "Handset Subscribed" and "Base NO xxxx. (where xxxx is last 4 characters of the connected Base's MAC address)"
- After the handset initialized successfully, an icon with the internal handset number and handset name appears on the phone screen.
Follow the steps below for your desired scenario:
1. Access the web interface of the Base (as done when performing initial configuration of the device).
2. Login to the interface (defaults are admin for both username & password)
3. Click the tab Accounts
4. click "Number Assignment" on the left.
5. Both H1 and H2 should use the Account / Line 1 for Incoming Lines and Outgoing Lines. (see below screenprint with the correct settings)
NOTE: This article applies to Yealink DECT W52P / W56P / W60P model Bases. Each Base can support a different number of handsets. Learn more about the w60P handset: https://www.yealink.com/product/voice-communication-w60p
NOTE: When adding additional handsets with your Yealink W56P/W60P Base, the additional handsets might automatically be assigned to a non-used VoIP Account. Use the steps above to assign the handset to the desired account.