Some customers want to enable 411 with their UniTel Voice service. 411 allows consumers to dial '411' and ask an operator for the phone number of a specific business. (To be clear, most consumers no longer dial 411 to find the phone number for a business. Consumers now search the internet, or “Google it.”)
AT&T Moblie discontinued 411 services back on 11/1/21. A company spokesman said, “As other search engines have become more widely used in recent years, we have ended support for wireless 411 effective Nov. 1, 2021. The 411 services will remain available at a $2.99 pay-per-use rate via a landline.”
- Some customers confuse 411 with CNAM. Most UniTel Voice customers want to be able to dial out and have their business name appear as the registered business name with their number.
- Some customers want the number to be registered with their account somehow.
- If customers want to have their business name appear with their phone number, they should register for CNAM (Caller-ID with name.)
- If customers want to “register their number,” one of the best ways is to register their number with Google. This will put their business number in search engines.
A Google business registration is free and takes just a few minutes to complete while offering plenty of benefits (especially for small local businesses).
How to add your business through Google Maps
- On your computer, sign in to Google Maps.
- You can add your business in 3 ways: Enter your address in the search bar. On the left, in the Business Profile, click Add your business.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish signing up for your Business Profile.