If you have contacted UniTel Voice Customer Support in order to troubleshoot a problem, you may have been asked to generate a diagnostic log report and send it to UniTel Voice.
You may be asked to generate a packet capture, which capture the network traffic on your computer, in addition to a log report. Packet capture is not supported over network changes, such as changing from a wired network to a Wi-Fi network. When you generate a packet capture, you also create a log report.
Note: While packet capturing is in progress, all network traffic on your computer is captured. All other applications that generate network traffic should be shut down or suspended before starting packet capture to avoid complex filtering of network traffic during analysis and to minimize privacy concerns.
1. In Bria, go to Help > Troubleshooting> Support.
2. On the Support tab, change the log level to Debug by moving the slider.
3. Close the Troubleshooting window.
4. Restart UniTel Voice.
5. Try to recreate the problem you are having.
6. Return to the Support tab in Help > Troubleshooting.
7. Click Send Log Report. The Send Log Report window opens.
8. Type a brief description of the problem you are having and click Send Log (Windows) or Send Log Report (Mac).
Once the log is sent, it will be listed under Previous Log Reports.
9. Save the reference number and forward it to Customer Support.
UniTel Voice sends the log to Customer Support.
1. Other than UniTel Voice, shut down or suspend any apps that generate network traffic.
2. On the Help menu, click Troubleshooting. The Troubleshooting window opens.
3. On the Support tab, change the log level to Debug by moving the slider.
4. On the Support tab, click Start Packet Capture. The Packet Capture window opens.
5. If this is your first time using packet capture or if you have uninstalled Npcap, click Enable Packet Capture. An installer dialog box appears. Follow the instructions to install Npcap and select Support loopback traffic on Installation Options.
When the installation is complete, click Start Packet Capture. The Packet Capture window opens.
Click Start Capture.
7. Reproduce the problem you are having.
8.. Click Stop Capture.
9. Click Send Log Report. The Send Log Report window opens.
10. Type a brief description of the problem you are having and click Send Log (Windows) or Send Log Report.
UniTel Voice sends a zip file containing both the packet capture and the log report to UniTel Voice.
1. Either during the packet capture or when you have stopped but not send the packet capture, click Cancel and Discard.
The current package capture stops and any data collected is discarded.
1. On the Help menu, click Troubleshooting. The Troubleshooting window opens.
2. On the Support tab, click View Log (Windows) or View Current Log (Mac).
The log opes in your default app for opening .txt files.
UniTel Voice displays the reference number of previous logs. You cannot view the previous logs but the reference number could be helpful when you are talking to customer support. The customer support representative can view the previous logs and can use the reference number to find the correct log.