Send and receive files with your team members as long as they are online.
Note that the files are not synced between your devices if you use UniTel Voice on multiple devices.
Sending photos, videos, files
Send photos, videos and files to your XMPP contact who is online. To send multiple files at a time, all the files must be located in the same folder.
The recipient must accept the files for the transfer to start. If you send multiple files at a time, the recipient must accept or decline all of the files for the transfer to start.
1. Create an new IM or open an IM conversation with the person you want to share the files with.
2. Tap Attach.
3. Tap either Photo or Video or File, depending on the type of file you want to send.
The file manager opens.
4. Locate the folder that contains the files that you want to send.
5. Tap the file you want to send. To select multiple files, repeat tapping on each file . Tap Done when you have selected all the files.
UniTel Voice sends a file transfer notification to the recipient. Until the recipient responds to the notifications, the sender sees Waiting as the file transfer status.
Once the recipient accepts the file, UniTel Voice shows the progress of the transfer and when the transfer is complete.
If the recipient declines the files, the transfer shows as Transfer Declined.
If you have an XMPP account enabled, another person with an XMPP account can send you files. The file transfer notification shows in the Messaging tab with UniTel Voice in the foreground, and in a notification if UniTel Voice is in the background.
1. Open the IM conversation in the Messaging tab.
2. Tap Accept or Decline on the files. The file transfer does not begin until you have click Accept.
If you accept the file, UniTel Voice begins the transfer. UniTel Voice displays the progress of the transfer and when the transfer is complete in the IM.
If you decline the transfer, both the recipient and the sender see the file transfer status as Declined.
1. Tap on the notification. UniTel Voice opens in the Messaging tab.
2. Tap on the IM with the new message indicator.
3. Tap Accept or Decline. If there are multiple files, the file transfer does not begin until you Accept or Decline all of the files.
If you tap Accept, UniTel Voice begins the file transfer. If you tap Decline, both the sender and the recipient see the transfer progress as Declined.
Cancel a file transfer
You can cancel a file transfer as either the sender or the recipient. As the sender, you can cancel the transfer before the recipient accepts the transfer (your screen shows Waiting) or while the transfer has been accepted but before the transfer is complete.
1. Press-and-hold on the file while it is in the waiting stage or while it is in progress.
2. Tap Delete.
The file transfer is canceled. The file transfer it deleted from the sender's IM.
1. While the IM displays the progress bar, tap Cancel.
The file transfer is canceled. The sender sees Transfer Failed and the recipient sees Transfer Declined as the transfer status.
1. Tap Cancel on a file transfer that is in progress.
The file transfer is canceled. The recipient and the sender see Transfer Failed as the transfer status.