Below are the instructions for configuring your Grandstream HT802 VoIP Analog Adaptor to work with your UniTel Voice Office.
Step 1 - Connect / Power On Phone
- Unbox Device
- Connect provided Network Cable to the port on the back of the device labeled “WAN”
- Connect the Power cord to the port labeled “DC 12V”
- Connect your analog phone to the port labeled “Phone 1”. ** Each Phone is a different line so it is important to connect your device to the correct port.
- Connect your computer to the port labeled “LAN”. (NOTE: by default, the Grandstrem HT502 will not allow web access from the WAN port.
Step 2 - Obtain IP Address for Self-Management
- With the power cord connected, the Phone Adaptor will power on. Power light will blink while the device is initializing. Confirm the device is powered on before continuing to the next step.
- From the analog phone connected to your Grandstream VoIP Adaptor, dial *** (star 3-times). You should hear the announcement “Enter a menu option”.
- Dial 02.
- You should then hear the IP address read to you. Note the information below.
Note the Current IP: ________________________________________________________________
i.e. 192.168.1.201 (one-nine-two-dot-one-six-eight-dot-one-dot-two-zero-one)
Step 3 - Configure Phone through Web Browser
- From your computer’s web browser, Please enter the IP Address from the above step into your internet browser. For example, enter http://192.168.1.201
- On the login screen, enter The default password: admin
- In the top navigation bar click “Advanced Settings”
- Update Firmware Server Path to
- Update Config Server Path to
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Update button
- At bottom of the page click the Apply button
- Click Reboot button
** Your phone will restart 1 or more times while the device is re-provisioned to the new settings. During this time, your screen will go blank and the Line 1 indicator light should be green.
Step 4 - Test Calls
- Place a test call to an "Off-Network" number to confirm calls complete
- Place a test call to an "On-Network" number such as another employee's extension
If you are unable to connect to the web config interface of your Grandstream device in Step 3 above, ensure "WAN Port access" is set to Enabled in the Grandstream HT802 settings. To manage this option:
- Pick up the handset,
- dial ***
- Dial 12
- You should observe an announcement. If the announcement is “WAN PORT ACCESS DISABLE”, press 9 to toggle the option to Enable. You should then hear “WAN PORT ACCESS ENABLE”. Now, try to repeat STep 3 above to configure Phone through Web Browser